Meet Your Syracuse Orthodontist
“It was through my own experience as an orthodontic patient that I decided to become an orthodontist. I had some complex problems and was in braces for a long time.
I loved to see the fun that my orthodontist and his staff had when I went to appointments, I liked being there. I knew it was something I wanted to do too.”
Dr. Coleman loves helping patients of all ages discover their smiles, and is passionate about sharpening his skills and sharing his vast knowledge with others through continuing education programs and professional memberships.
Why an Orthodontist in Syacuse?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Coleman continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Coleman has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Syracuse Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Syracuse orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Syracuse orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Coleman Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Syracuse area.