Providing Orthodontic Scholarships
Smile for a Lifetime is an international program that provides orthodontic scholarships to children ages 11-18 who normally would not be able to afford treatment, and Dr. Coleman participates in this fantastic organization.
Orthodontic Approval Process
Participating orthodontists donate their services, including the cost of one set of retainers once treatment is complete.
- There is a $20, non-refundable application fee and, if you are approved for treatment, a $480 administrative fee, paid to the national office.
- All applications need to be completed online at http://s4l.org/apply-today.
- Click on "Apply today" and submit your application.
- Once your application is received and all needed material is submitted, the S4L national office will contact you within 30 days.
Scholarships are chosen by a local screening committee and the process is competitive. Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application.
Successful applicants will be between the ages of 11 and 18 and have:
- Family income of no more than 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Good dental hygiene practices and received a must have had a dental check-up in the past 6 months.
- A functional and/or aesthetic need for braces.
- Enrollment in good standing in school.
- A positive attitude.
- Willingness to abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- A positive letter of recommendation from one community leader and/or teacher.
For more information please contact the Smile for a Lifetime national office at 719-535-2777.